Past Events and Workshops
2017 Past Events and Workshops
• Trends in Philanthropy for High Net Worth Households and the Rising Generation
Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Location: Colorado Mountain College Aspen Campus, Aspen, Colorado
More Information on: Trends in Philanthropy
2016 Past Events and Workshops
• A FAMILY AFFAIR: Conversations with the Next Generation: Meaningful Discussions about Inheritance…for All Generations…
Designed by members of the Next Generation
Date: Tuesday, August 9, 2016
More information on: A Family Affair
• Exploring the Impact of Your Investments: Do They Align with Your Values?
Date: Monday, August 15, 2016
More information on: Exploring the Impact of Your Investments
• The Next Generation: Engaged and Giving Back
In collaboration with the Aspen Young Professionals Association and DEVO group, we explored the many ways in which the Next Generation can have an impact through giving in its own community. With over 400 active nonprofits in the Roaring Fork Valley, how do people decide where and how to get involved?
More information on: The Next Generation: Engaged and Giving Back
2015 Past Events and Workshops
• The Ethical Will
Date: September 28, 2015
The Ethical Will: The purpose of an Ethical Will is to pass on your values, wisdom, family stories (from a lessons-learned perspective), and other important information to your heirs and future generations whom you may not have even imagined. During this workshop, we explored the ancient traditions of Ethical Wills, and learned how to create and pass on your own message of beliefs, life lessons, wisdom and hopes for the future.
• In Conversation with Jim Calaway
Living Modestly: The Key to a Happy, Successful Life for an Entrepreneur
2014 Past Events and Workshops
• A Matter of Trust(s): Empowering Our Next Generation to Thrive
When: August 20, 2014
- What are the deeper questions and conversations you want to have with your advisors and family?
- What role does your family story play in your estate planning and empowerment of your heirs?
- What type of relationship do you want between your heirs, their trustees and other advisors?
More information on: A Matter of Trust(s): Empowering Our Next Generation to Thrive
• Women Wisdom Wealth…and a Little Wine
When: January 14 to Match 18, 2014 (Six Alternating Tuesday Evenings)
A series of fun, interactive, educational evenings designed for women who are ready to achieve financial freedom by raising their knowledge and abundance frequency around prosperity and wealth.
More information on: Women Wisdom Wealth…and a Little Wine
2013 Past Events and Workshops
• The Spirit of the Gift
When: Thursday, July 18, 2013
How much is enough…for you, your heirs, your legacy? More importantly, how do you talk about it?
More information on: The Spirit of the Gift
• The Cycle of the Gift: Family Wealth and Wisdom
When: Tuesday, February 26, 2013
How do I prepare my heirs to be recipients of large gifts?
More information on: The Cycle of the Gift
2012 Past Events and Workshops
• Engaging the Next Generation
Embracing the Challenges of Wealth, Responsibility and Legacy
For those who are wondering how to talk about the money, thinking about creating a donor-advised fund or family foundation, wondering how to engage the next generation, or just beginning their journey.
More information on: Engaging the Next Generation
• Women and Wealth: What’s The Money For?
When: March 20, 2012
Whether you inherited it, earned it, or married into it, wealth brings with it many challenges and opportunities.
More information on: Women and Wealth
• Board Training and Development
Fundraising from the Heart for Board Members: There are a variety of roles individuals take on when they join the board of a nonprofit. One of the important, and more challenging, roles that board members assume for their nonprofits is helping the organization raise funds to support the growth of its programs.
More information on: Board Training and Development
2011 Past Events and Workshops
• National Philanthropy Day
When: November 16, 2011
A celebration of giving. Are you using all the tools at your disposal to accomplish your mission and the thrive in today’s challenging environment?
More information on: National Philanthropy Day
• More Than Money : Conversations That Matter
- June 12, 2012 : Transactions vs. Transformational Gifts
- May 8, 2012 : Personal and Family Values
- April 10, 2012 : What Does Your Wealth Mean to You and Your Family?
• What’s Your Legacy?
When: August 9, 2011
Few of us have taken the time to ponder the legacy we’d like to create. How do you want to be remembered? What does wealth mean to you and your family? Do your values and goals match your philanthropy?
More information on: What’s Your Legacy?
• After Three Cups of Tea, How do We Make Smart Choices?
When: August 9, 2011
Greg Mortenson’s book Three Cups of Tea motivated millions to contribute nearly 60 million to his charity. Unfortunately, complains arose regarding how the donations were spent, whether Mortenson was personally benefitting, and whether some of the most dramatic stories in his books were even true. How do we make smart choices with our global philanthropy in the face of these challenges?
More information on: After Three Cups of Tea